Scholarship of Excellence program is dedicated to students with 1st or 2nd year Master’s degrees obtained in the universities of the partner countries of the program, wishing to do their 2nd year of Master's at the University of Reunion Island and, if possible, pursue a doctoral thesis.
2nd YEAR MASTER’S DEGREE ENGLISH TRACK
Amount of scholarships and what they cover
Maximum € 710 per month, for 10 months (August 2019 to May 2020)
Unless an agreement is concluded with the French Embassies in the partner countries of the program, with this scholarship the student must pay:
- The plane ticket.
- Registration fees to the University and social security.
- Other daily expenses (clothing, food, books, outings, etc.)
SCAC (Cooperation and Cultural Actions Services) can decide to complete this program by offering the laureates partial BGF (French Government Scholarships) in particular partial scholarships (ex: plane ticket, registration fees, etc.).
- The first month in cash during the first days of arrival
- Then monthly payments by transfer
- Students having already passed their 1st or 2nd year Master's, in a university in the partner country of the program and wishing to follow a different 2nd year Master's.
- Candidates cannot be already students or graduates of the UR or any other French university at the time they apply.
- Students will have to justify, at the time of their application, a minimum level of B2 in French.
- Dec 2018: Launching of the campaign at the French Embassies (SCAC) and Espace Campus France (ECF)
- Jan 2019: Launching of the information campaigns at higher education institutions (EES) in the different countries by Espace Campus France or SCAC that will be their only contacts (and not the UR)
- 20th March 2019: Deadline for applications for the countries using the CEF procedure. Applicants must specify in their application that they're applying for the 2nd year master's degree scholarship of excellence program of the UR.
- From March 2019 to 2nd of May: Application for students from countries that are not using the CEF procedure on ecandidat (see date and registration procedures on: https://scolarite.univ-reunion.fr/accueil). Candidates must specify in their motivation letter that they're applying for the 2nd year master's degree scholarship of excellence program of the UR.
- June 2019: Selection by the heads of 2nd year master's programs and by the scholarship of excellence Commission of the UR International Relations department.
- End of June 2019: Results reporting to the laureates and the French Embassies SCAC and the ECF of the laureates' countries of origin.